We are looking for NURSE PRACTITIONERS to join Advanced Surgical and Wound Care in New Orleans & Franklinton, LA for FT and PT positions.
If the idea of working 24/7 with high-stress or very sick patients in a hospital or office (a high malpractice risk associated with relatively low pay) no longer excites you, this may be the job for you. Our growing nursing home wound care practice is in need of MD/NP/PA.
Flexible work hours, no night or weekend call, great staff and company culture to work with, well compensated.
Wound Care Specialist Duties:
- Manage wound care in the nursing home environment
- Staff Physicians supervise Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners
- Educate personnel. Experience is helpful but not required
Wound Care Specialist Job Description:
- We expect you to read the materials assigned to study and demonstrate this with documents and conversation.
- It takes about a month to learn the basics, 3 months to start to feel comfortable, 1 year to know wound care.
- This is a day job, Monday through Friday. No nights or weekends. But we do expect you to be available by cell phone 24/7.
- We group the facilities by location and assign them to a physician/ARNP. The physician/ARNP visits these facilities weekly and manages the care of the patient's wounds.
Wound care involves:
- Assessing the patient (complete H&P). Special attention is paid to disorders that increase the risks of wound formation.
- Debridement of wounds
- Order appropriate dressings
- Ordering other appropriate medications and instructions
- Educating the nursing staff
- Communication with PCP, family and clinical team as needed.
At Advantage Surgical & Wound Care, our culture is based in intelligence, innovation, multidisciplinary skills, life-long learning, compassion... and our physicians love working here. Come find out why!
To hear more please apply with a CV or feel free click on the Calendly link below to schedule a [Register to View] look forward to talking with you!