This job is archived
Maintenance Director – Skilled Nursing Facility- SNF
We have a great opportunity for a Maintenance Director at a skilled nursing facility in Wakefield, MA. The Maintenance Director will be responsible for the overall maintenance operation of the center, and he/she is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on equipment.
Other responsibilities of the Maintenance Director include ordering and requisitioning supplies and equipment as needed, performing regular daily, weekly and monthly maintenance checks, as shown on “Preventive Maintenance Calendar”, and assigning duties and work assignments.
The Maintenance Director follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department, keeps required records and submits them to the Center Executive Director and Property Manager when required, and cooperates with other employees and department heads.
Hourly Rate: $25-$30
1. Performs overall supervision of the Maintenance Department including “hands-on” performance of maintenance and repair work;
2. Maintains the building in good repair and free of hazards such as those caused by electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling systems, etc.;
3. Maintains the building and grounds in compliance with Federal, State, and local laws;
4. Maintains the fire alarm and emergency generator system in good working order, performs test on fire alarm and emergency generator system weekly and keeps required records of test results;
5. Maintains required records and reports as outlined in the policies and procedures of the Maintenance Department;
6. Participates in budget planning for the Maintenance Department;
7. Orders and requisitions supplies subsequent to Center Executive Director’s approval;
8. Orients and instructs all maintenance personnel;
9. Participates in and plans in-service programs, as necessary;
10. Attends Department Head Meetings and sits on required committees;
11. Recruits, interviews, hires and provides orientation for all employees of the Maintenance Department;
12. Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsel/discipline assigned personnel according to established company personnel policy;
13. Assigns work assignments and duty schedules;
14. Remains on call for emergencies seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day;
15. Performs other responsibilities, as may be required, and as directed by the Center Executive Director;
16. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
17. Assists in the maintenance and update of the Property/Plant Assessment on an annual basis;
18. Assists in the maintenance and update of the Center’s Disaster Plan on an annual basis;
19. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights;
20. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school degree or equivalent and basic training in electrical, plumbing, heating and HVAC systems;
2. Supervisory experience is also required for this position.
3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
CareerStaff Unlimited, LLC (“CareerStaff”) is a leader in the delivery of workforce solutions and staffing services for the healthcare industry. Our mission is to connect our clients with talented healthcare professionals ensuring the delivery of exceptional patient care. We serve our mission by leveraging a national network of 25+ offices throughout the United States. CareerStaff’s services include travel and per diem employment opportunities for nurses, therapists, and pharmacists.
Additionally, CareerStaff provides Managed Service Programs to hundreds of healthcare facilities nationally. By offering unparalleled customer service, unique placement opportunities, top pay and benefits, and employment that meets the lifestyle requirements of our clinicians, CareerStaff attracts high-quality clinicians who transition well to new environments and rapidly assimilate into facility teams.
CareerStaff Unlimited is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).
- Job City: WAKEFIELD
- Shift: 8A-5P
- Setting: SNF/LTC
- Order ID: 312826