West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking a Manager, NCLEX Success. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Nursing Academics, Nursing, the Manager of NCLEX Success is responsible for collaborating and consulting on comprehensive NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination) Success Plan and developing strategies to improve NCLEX testing for the pre-licensure West Coast University Nursing program. The Manager of NCLEX Success initiates methods to address gaps in Nursing curriculum and NCLEX subject matter areas. Oversees, supervises and manages NCLEX Specialists and provide actions items to students at Risk for NCLEX failure, serves as a mentor and facilitator for faculty; and enables an environment which fosters creativity, responsiveness, and self-responsibility. Conducts and monitors remediation workshops and tutorials, and develops methods, in-conjunction with faculty, to ensure graduates pass NCLEX with a satisfactory level of performance of state average or above pass rate for first time test-takers.
- Master degree in nursing from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration required.
- Current Registered Nurse License required in state of employment.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Current CPR Card.
- Must have at least one year previous experience, within the previous five years, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care or equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the Board of Registered Nursing. A plan for clinical remediation may be considered.
- A minimum of one year previous experience teaching courses related to nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
- Previous Leadership/Management knowledge in the program field and preferably a clinical/hospital setting to cultivate a learner-centered environment and to foster excellence.
- Knowledge in various technological software and analytic programs and services.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards such as Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), professional nursing accreditors, WASC and other related accreditation standards.
- Experience with MS Office.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(k) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.