Functional Category: Participant Nursing
Estimated Percent of time Spent – 100%
- Triages participant and staff phone calls to s to determine priority of care and routes accordingly.
- Schedules outside appointments for participants when necessary.
- Assists in the examination, testing and treatment of participants.
- Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries
- Implements orders written by primary care physician(s).
- Instructs participants and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Schedules specialist and other appointments for participants and assists in hospital admissions.
- Performs general nursing care on participants including administering prescribed medications and treatments.
- Documents all necessary information and maintains participant medical record(s) and fulfills agency charting and reporting requirements.
- Administers medications, provides training in self-administration of all non-scheduled medications and monitors medication compliance.
- Provides health counseling to participants and their families on an individual or group basis.
- Assists in the examination, assessment, evaluation testing and treatment of participants.
- Observes, records, and reports participant’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians
- Provide clinical teaching and clinical supervision of CNA Day Center staff.
- Perform rounds at the ADHC for the purpose of triaging and administering to the concerns of participants and Day Center staff. Documents, charts and communicates results from rounds thoroughly.
- Oversee appointment bookings and ensures preferences are given to participants in emergency situations.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a current nursing care plan in cooperation with the Clinic Nurse Manager.
- Supervises L.P.N.’s and clinic assistants in addition to evaluating the overall effectiveness of the clinic in the absence of the Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Ensure that exam rooms and/or triage area is stocked for necessary supplies and materials and that a list of medical supplies is maintained by appropriate staff.
- Effectively communicates in interdisciplinary team meetings, family meetings, and clinic meetings.
- Participates within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for InnovAge PACE program participants, as well as in other interdisciplinary team settings that plan, coordinate and monitor the care of InnovAge PACE program participants.
- Additional work functions and duties may be assigned