JOB SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVE:
The Associate Dean of Nursing (ADN) provides academic and administrative leadership to Ameritech College of Healthcare in conjunction with the Provost and Dean of Nursing. The ADN is responsible for collaborating with all levels of the organization to coordinate, execute and communicate integrated plans for the continuous quality improvement, growth, and development in all educational areas. The ADN combines both strategic thinking and strong execution skills across various forms of education styles, supports the academic programs of the college, supports policy development in student learning, academic programs, teaching, and areas related to student success.
· Direct the development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing programs, in collaboration with the Provost and Dean of Nursing
· Provide leadership and direction to faculty and staff in the development of initiatives and activities that promote student success and help to meet expected program outcomes
· Maintain professional working relationships with administration, faculty, and other academic and support units
· Develop relationships with state, regional and national programmatic accrediting bodies
· Monitor budget and provide initial approval of program expenditures; recommend allocation of resources that are consonant with strategic directions and quality improvement in nursing programs
· Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory agencies and monitor industry trends and accreditation standards
· Participate in national professional associations that foster and facilitate advancements in nursing education
· Ensure that nursing programs are aligned with professional standards of practice and health care needs of the community
· Lead systematic evaluations of nursing education programs and annual program reviews
· Utilizing shared governance and leaning on the faculty council, ensure faculty participation in the decision-making processes that lead to quality improvement in nursing programs
· Participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures which affect students and faculty
· Lead the development and enhancement of current and new programming
· Participate with Nursing Boards and Programmatic Accrediting Organizations
· Measure nursing program outcomes assessment processes
· Assess and report delivery/achievement of academic and program outcomes
· Execute strategies for continuous quality improvement based on data
· Monitor industry trends, accreditation standards, and relevant regulatory agencies
· Maintain a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
· Provide reports and data to the College and regulatory and accrediting bodies that demonstrate evidence-based learning and teaching
· Support Ameritech College of Healthcare’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan
· Prepare the College for programmatic accreditation evaluation visits – CCNE/ACEN
· Collaborate with Dean of Nursing, Provost, and SMEs to create and ensure evidence-based nursing curriculum
· Collaborate with the Director of Nursing Education, the Assistant Director of Curriculum, and the Curriculum Committee to develop program assessment methodology, review data, prepare reports, and create programmatic improvement plans to meet standards
· Other projects as assigned
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
Assists Academic Officer in administration of educational programs; leadership tasks assigned by Academic Officer may vary and may cover areas such as student advising, academic success and retention, testing, academic policies and procedures, instructional design, accreditation, and other areas deemed essential by Academic Officer.
Demonstrates strong command of subject matter; implements course and program outcomes successfully; demonstrates excellent teaching skills across delivery methods; creates learning environments that promote participation, collaboration, and openness; represents college in positive, professional light in student interactions; accessible to students, responding promptly with quality, confidence-building feedback.
Technical and Professional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Achievement of technical and professional knowledge, skills, and abilities is high in position-related areas; demonstrates curiosity and keeps current with trends in areas of expertise.
Sets high standards of performance for self, assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks on time; work demonstrates a high degree of excellence and accuracy.
Effectively manages others' time and resources. Identifies opportunities for improvement and originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods and systems thinking to implement solutions and measure impact.
Leverages extensive knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods to identify, organize, interpret and report data needed by organizational decision makers to achieve favorable organizational outcomes; establishes ongoing procedures to collect and monitor information.
Guides others in accomplishing work and professional objectives by providing regular coaching and feedback, tracking and evaluating performance, and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future responsibilities effectively.
Creating Collaborative Relationships
Works effectively and cooperatively with others and maintains good working relationships within and outside of own functional area; uses appropriate interpersonal styles to promote openness, establish trust, and build confidence in one's intentions.
Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities by comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions and determine effective courses of action consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
Translate strategy into operational reality by aligning communication, accountability, resources, processes, and ongoing measurements to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results; be an agent of change.
Establish and sustain trusting relationships by accurately perceiving and interpreting one's own and others' emotions and behaviors in the context of the organization's political and cultural environment; leverage insights to effectively manage one's own responses and reactions
Teamwork and Engagement
Participates as an active member of the team and works towards common goals; builds positive relationships in the workplace and participates in learning and social functions.
Models the behaviors expected of all employees including an adherence to the mission, vision, values, and core themes of the organization; high levels of mutual respect, emotional maturity, professionalism, communication, and a drive for results.
RN License, unencumbered
Doctoral or professional degree
10+ years of progressive higher education experience
Department – Academics/Nursing
Primary Manager – Provost
Secondary Manager – CEO
Direct Reports – RN-BSN Program Director, ASN Program Director, Director of Nursing Education, Asst. Director of General Ed,
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment Status: Full Time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to walk and move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, or attend functions outside of their personal work area; sit and remain in a stationary position for long periods of time; reach, stretch and use hands, fingers, and arms to perform work, operate computers, office machinery, handle small objects, or operate other control; regularly lift and move up to 20 pounds. The employee may occasionally be required to balance, stoop, kneel and crawl under desks or in confined spaces. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to look at the computer screen for extended periods of time, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to communicate clearly and exchange accurate information through speaking, hearing, and applying discernment.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically indoors but may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level of the work environment is usually low, but some construction tools may be used by the employee or in the immediate vicinity of the employee.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORUTNITY POLICY:
Ameritech provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
I understand the job summary and objective, the essential functions, the behaviors and competencies, and the physical demands of this job title. Ameritech College also reserves the right to make changes in content or application of the job description as it deems appropriate, and these changes may be implemented even if they have not been communicated, reprinted, or substituted in this job description.
Neither this job description, nor any other company communication or practice, creates an employment contract. Possession of this job description does not imply nor prove the existence of an employment contract.