Aspen Group, Inc is an education technology holding company that leverages its infrastructure and expertise to allow its two universities, Aspen University and United States University, to deliver on the vision of making college affordable again.
United States University is looking for an experienced Nursing Faculty - Immersion, Full Time to join the College of Nursing & Health Sciences at our Phoenix, AZ campus!
The Immersion Faculty of CONHS serves as a member of the faculty and supports the College by coordinating all operational activities of the Immersion Learning and Simulation Center. Immersion faculty responsibilities are varied and can include activities such as keeping records, scheduling standardized patients, organizing and supervising student experiences, ordering supplies and stocking, making recommendations for best practices especially as it relates to simulation and use of learning technologies. Working on campus periodically, including about one weekend a month is a must. This position also carries a teaching load commensurate to meet the needs of the College and the availability of the manager. The position allows for weekly release days for FNP clinical work outside of the University.
- Facilitate and teach immersion experience courses.
- Maintain appropriate inventory and all supplies needed for immersions and clinical/lab instruction
- Organize and schedule the standardized patients for immersions.
- Collaborate with full-time faculty to develop curricula for simulation education.
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate immersive learning scenarios, procedures, and practices.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop methods for competency testing.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation in curricula, instructional technologies, and operational systems.
- Develop strategic plans for and prioritize curren
- resources to ensure that the mission and vision of the center is achieved. Maintain security and integrity of facilities, equipment, and supplies while maximizing their availability for educational exercises.
- Maintain data security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable, federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Mentor and orient students and adjunct faculty to the equipment and the Center. Be familiar with and teach utilizing telehealth equipment
- Teach Health Assessmen techniques
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Position Requirements - Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or doctorate in nursing with advanced practice nurse credentials (FNP) required
- DNP or PhD or terminal degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
- Current unencumbered California and AZ RN/APRN License or willingness to obtain
- 3-5 years of active clinical experience as an APRN.
- Experience managing operations in a simulation education center or working in a nursing skills lab
- Expertise in distance learning and instructional technology
- Expertise in business development or working with vendors
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of advanced practice nursing in primary care
- Knowledge of principles and methods of adult education
- Knowledge of educational theory and instructional technology
- Knowledge of simulation education and testing
- Knowledge of management and leadership theory and practice
- Knowledge of innovation theory and practice
- Knowledge of project management and coordination
- Knowledge of relevant information technology, to include software and hardware used to run a simulation/nursing skills lab or education center
- Knowledge of relevant analog and digital audiovisual technology, to include software and hardware used to run a simulation education center
- Skills or familiarity with suturing, splinting, toenail removal, and digital blocks
- Skill in setting priorities, making critical decisions, and remaining flexible in high pressure situations
- Skill in executing responsibilities in a timely, meticulous and professional manner, while demonstrating initiative and creativity
- Skill in creating and maintaining human and automated systems to protect physical security of persons and equipment and confidentiality of data and records
- Skill in creating and coordinating complex schedules, calendars, activities, and events
- Skill in creating, managing, and using data systems to support decision making
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to lead inter-professional teams with diverse educational backgrounds and levels of expertise in simulation education
- Ability to interact effectively with university administrators and leaders in the public and private sectors
Certification, License, Registration:
- Current unencumbered California and AZ RN/APRN License with family nurse practitioner
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.