This job is archived
The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager job is a civilian position supporting the military community. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Dedication Program Manager to support your employment
- Participate in all phases of the Case Management Program (CMP) and ensure that the CMP meets established case management (CM) standards of care.
- Provide nursing expertise about the CM process, including assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, and monitoring. Identify opportunities for CM and identify and integrate local CM processes.
- Develop and implement local strategies using inpatient, outpatient, onsite and telephonic CM
- Develop and implement tools to support case management, such as those used for patient identification and patient assessment, clinical practice guidelines, algorithms, CM software, and databases for community resources.
- Integrate CM and utilization management (UM) and integrating nursing case management with social work case management.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate community agencies and organizations.
- Accurately collect and document patient care data.
- Develop treatment plans including preventive, therapeutic, rehabilitative, psychosocial, and clinical interventions to ensure continuity of care toward the goal of optimal wellness.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure proper implementation of patient treatment plan and follow-up post discharge in ambulatory and community health care settings.
- Provide appropriate health care instruction to patient and/or caregivers based on identified learning needs.
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by NLNAC or CCNE
- Possess one of the following certifications:
- Commission for Case Manager Certification Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Certification of Disability Management Specialists Commission: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS)
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses: Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN)
- American Board for Occupational Health Nurses Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S).
- National Board for Certification in Continuity of Care: Advanced Certification in Continuity of Care (ACCC)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Nurse Case Manager (RN-NCM)
- National Academy of Certified Care Managers: Care Manager Certified (CMC)
- One year of experience as a RN Case Manager
- RN Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
- Computer Competency