Schedule: Work hours are typically 0600-1830 Monday- Friday, with flexible 4, 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts that vary depending on work load/patient care. Shall maintain a minimum of 40 hours in one work week.
Location: Nellis AFB, NV
Pay rate: $50/hr-$55/hr
Holidays: Will not be required to work on federally recognized holidays
Benefits: PTO, sick leave, holiday leave, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short Term Disability
Optional Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K) matching with employee participation in 401(K) plan
- Must have experience using pharmacological agents in patient treatment and cardiac testing, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations.
- Must have experience with the basic requirements for proper documentation of patient care including medications given, nursing procedures, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- The RN must be knowledgeable of general anatomy and physiology; cardiopulmonary system structures and functions; basic pharmacology; patient care theory, procedures, and techniques; medical terminology; aseptic techniques; medical ethics; resuscitation techniques; maintaining and operating cardiopulmonary laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic equipment; medications, and medical computer systems.
- Knowledge of a wide range of cardiac and vascular disorders and conditions as appropriate and seen in potentially critically ill patients (e.g., Acute Myocardial events, Chest pain, decrease in circulation to various areas of the body, and respiratory distress due to poor perfusion).
- Carry out prescribed physician orders and document in patient medical record.
- Communicate pertinent patient data to physician as appropriate
- Assists other nursings units as directed by immediate supervisor, Flt CC or hospital commander. Cath lab cases take priority over other units and the nurse will be readily available to return to the cath lab during his/her time on the unit they’re floated to.
- Supports Cardiopulmonary Clinic procedures or clinical care activities, including but not limited to cardiac stress testing (treadmill, dobutamine stress, nuclear medicine stress testing), perform EKGs, Holter monitors, telephone consults, check in patients and other clinic duties as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining cardiac catheterization laboratory programs such as safety, infection control, supply, radiation safety, etc.
- Properly applies cardiac monitor leads and 12 lead EKG machine, analyze rhythm strips and notify Physician of any abnormal results (e.g., dysrhythmias for patient situation). Be able to interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications, intervene on emergent changes.
- Transcribe or verify transcription of physician orders.
- During all procedures supported by the Cardiovascular Catheterization Laboratory, the RN will be responsible for pre-procedure preparations and assessments; managing intra-procedure vital 13 signs/hemodynamics, assessments, and medication administration; and post-procedure recovery and transportation to MSU/CCU/PACU.
- Circulates for Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory procedure
- Degree/Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing. Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS), and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification are required. Certifications must be through American Health Association or American Red Cross guidelines. Members must present proof of current certification(s) through American Red Cross. Computer-based training does not constitute fulfilling the training requirements. Must maintain currency at NO cost to the government.
- Experience: The RN must have worked a minimum of 48 months within the last 72 months, full time (>36 hrs per week), in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- Experience: The RN muct complete bronchoscopy procedures. If candidate does not have experience with bronchoscopy procedures, then the candidate must be open to go through the training process on this type of procedure.
- Board Certification: None
- Licensure/Registration: Shall have and maintain a current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview.