ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Large award-winning health system located in Southern California that prides themselves in both patient AND employee care. This hospital system makes certain that front line staff have just as much of a voice as leadership and will go above and beyond to provide continued support, growth and development of their most valued asset. Their Mission Statement is centered around their employees, as this health system truly understand that great patient care comes from great and happy employees. This health system has been named one of the top 150 hospitals to work for IN THE NATION due to their emphasis on cultivating a supporting and safe environment for their staff. If you want to work for an organization that listens to you, sees your value, and is committed to helping you achieve your goals, then Welcome Home!
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Registered Nurse First Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional patient care in the Operating Room by first assisting on a wide variety of surgical cases.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Assist surgeons in general and specialized surgical cases (could include Ortho, Neuro, no CV)
• Prepare all necessary supplies needed for specific case
• Review, analyze and interpret information from patient’s medical records prior to surgery to educate self on potential complications.
• Assess and monitor patient during surgery
• Perform specialized tissue handling and dissection, appropriate stapling and/or suturing techniques, and provide hemostasis during surgical procedure.
• Critical thinking skills and calm under pressure (i.e. surgeon becomes incapacitated during procedure, complications arise, etc.).
• Willing to scrub and/or circulate when needed
• Minimum of 1 year experience working as a RNFA, first assisting in a variety of cases.
• BSN required
• RNFA Certification required
• Current RN license within the State of California (or eligible to obtain CA License upon hire)
• CNOR Required
BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL PERKS
• Relocation Assistance
• All hospitals within this health system have received Magnet Designation
• Shift Differentials for night and weekend hours
• Excellent benefits, to include comprehensive medical, dental and vision that begin 30 days after start.
• Excellent PTO plan that includes sick, personal, holidays, and vacation
• Employer matching of 100% of the first 5% of pay.
• Terrific school districts
• Campus gym for employees
• Fitness classes
• Massage days
• Cooking classes
• Financial wellness workshops
• Onsite health coach
• College savings plan for your dependents
• Awards and Recognitions
• Tuition Reimbursement and CME Reimbursements
• Voted one of THE TOP 150 HOSPITALS TO WORK FOR IN THE NATION
ABOUT THE AREA:
Located in Sunny Southern California, there is always something to do. Located just miles from some of the Pacific Coast’s most beautiful beaches and most exciting amusement parks, you will never run out of things to do. If you need a quick getaway, you are centrally located between 4 major airports. This location is also home to one of the largest high-end malls in America and one of the largest outlet malls in America as well. In addition to the beautiful scenery, top notch dining and awesome family fun, this area also offers over 20 hiking trails, 70+ museums, excellent school districts, and nearly 300 days of sunshine per year.