This job is archived
Our Registered Nurse (RN) performs the functions of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care for the assigned patients on the unit during a shift. As a charge nurse, the RN is responsible for managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment and for the promotion of collaboration with all members of the health care team. The primary goal for the RN is to ensure positive patient care outcomes are achieved. The RN works with other members of the health care team, family and/or caretakers to provide compassionate care to the patient. After orientation and skills validation is required to float to other patient care areas as needed to ensure appropriate staffing level and mix to provide safe, high quality nursing care.Qualifications
Education for Registered Nurse:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN qualification and nursing specialty certification preferred
Experience for Registered Nurse:
- One to three (1-3) years' experience in acute and/or psychiatric/forensic settings preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Registered Nurse:
- Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of practice, or be eligible for same through reciprocity with other states
- Ensures the performance and documentation of a comprehensive psychosocial and physical assessment of the patient with data gathered through interview, observation, inspection, auscultation, palpation and reports.
- Determines patient problems, age-based needs, desired outcomes and nursing interventions based on the assessment. The written plan of care will include clinical, teaching and discharge components.
- Implements the interventions defined in the plan of care so that desired outcomes can be achieved. The RN will ensure appropriate patient and health education. The RN will individualize interventions with consideration of patient’s age; ensure the documentation of all interventions. The RN will delegate appropriate interventions to other team members.
- Provides oversight for licensed practical nurses performing nursing duties each shift. Reviews documentation of nursing care, reviews administration of medication and evaluates treatments provided to patients as ordered.
- Evaluates nursing outcomes and makes revisions to the nursing plan of care as required. The RN will ensure the reassessment of the patient in accordance with departmental policy.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer