This job is archived
PrimeCare Medical is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Registered Nurses (RN) to work Per Diem in the medical department at the Dauphin County Prison located in Harrisburg, PA.
In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis. Nurses are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics. Nurses will also provide assistance to physicians, psychiatrists and dentists. Correctional healthcare is similar to working in an emergency room or a clinic. Each day is both challenging and rewarding.
The Registered Nurse will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the nursing practice complies with established nursing standards.
- Taking vital signs, doing a complete assessment and documenting findings on the care of all patients housed in the medical unit and/or mental health unit
- Implementing treatment care plans which promote maintain and restore the well-being of patients
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide provisional diagnosis and treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries
- Ensuring that the proper flow of relevant information (inmate/patient information, unit problems) is disseminated to appropriate personnel
- Providing health counseling to inmates/patients
- Providing other services & performs other duties as assigned by the Health Services Administrator, DON, or corporate staff