This job is archived
At National Staffing Solutions, we have the privilege and honor of working with dedicated healthcare professionals that make a positive impact in aiding those needing healthcare services across the U.S. every day.
It is our passion, drive and integrity that enables us to continue our focus in assisting remarkable healthcare professionals like yourself in solidifying the best career opportunities available to you.
We’re currently seeking a PICU RN to join our amazing team.
Details of the PICU RN opening:
- Anticipated start date: 06/19/2023
- Salary: $2048.40 - $2357.46 weekly
- Anticipated duration of assignment: 13 weeks
- Anticipated schedule: 3x12 Days
- Enjoy peace of mind knowing you can elect Day One Medical Benefits
Daily Range of Responsibilities of the PICU RN:
- Provide age-appropriate care to children admitted in pediatric ICU.
- Obtain patients’ histories and ensure that they are filed properly.
- Consult with doctors and members of healthcare teams to comprehend patients’ medical issues and evaluate and implement care plans.
- Monitor patients’ vitals such as blood pressure, heart rate, and breathing and initiate corrective action on an immediate basis.
- Follow cardiac and respiratory monitor readings such as EKG and O2 stats and communicate observations to doctors on duty.
- Track urine output, insert catheters, and start IVs.
- Administer infusions and monitor special equipment such as ventilators to assess patients’ conditions.
- Use nasal aspirators on premature babies and ensure that their incubators are well-equipped.
- Change diapers and ensure that babies are kept in optimally cleaned conditions.
- Tend to injuries by cleaning and dressing wounds as often as directed by primary care doctor.
- Administer medication through IV or by mouth in accordance with the healthcare plan devised by the primary care doctor.
- Observe changes in patients’ conditions and report any alarming changes to the doctor on duty or pediatrician.
- Provide emotional support and education to families of patients admitted to pediatric ICUs.
- Record all care information concisely and accurately through forms.
- Meet the developmental and emotional needs of children admitted in pediatric ICU.
Qualifications for the PICU RN:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse with active license(s) in the state(s) in which employed and practices.
- One or more year(s) of current experience within Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - PICU.
- Current BLS/BCLS and PALS certifications.
- Educated on and follows HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
Submit your resume to us today for consideration of the PICU RN opening and one of our dedicated recruiters will be in touch within 24 business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.