The RN Inpatient position is responsible for working together to meet the physical, medical, psychosocial, emotional and spiritual needs of hospice patients and families facing terminal illness and bereavement in a Hospital or Medical Center facility setting. The patient to nurse ration is 1:4. Nurse will work 36 hours as opposed to 40 hours per week. The RN Inpatient nurse will work directly with the patient. This position requires a medical license.
- St. Mary's Hospital (Yale Affiliated)
- Flex Days- Evenings- 4p-12p
- Full Time/Part Time options
- Competitive compensation
- Generous PTO
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Health (Including Dental & Vision), Life and Disability Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE, RN
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in the state where the VITAS program is located.
- A minimum of two years of nursing experience in hospice, home health, or community health in the last five years.
- Equivalent experience or licensure may be considered