This job is archived
NEW Permanent RN ICU Opening near Columbia, MO!
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care to critical patients who require a high level of clinical expertise.
· Provides care to acutely and critically ill patients in a highly technical and ongoing monitoring environment. These patients are facing life-threatening problems with varying needs, which require extensive medication protocols and therapies. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques, and essential daily tasks to prepare for next transition of care.
· Demonstrates competency in evaluating intensive care patients, administering care, recognizing complications and coordinating with other members of the critical care team.
· Develops, implements, and revises individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.
· Evaluates patient's response to complex critical treatment modalities and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay. Demonstrates expertise and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs. Demonstrates ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships in patient/family-centered environment.
· Strives for excellence in patient care; keeps patients safe from adverse events. Seeks learning and teaching opportunities in an effort to further develop and perfect skills and improve overall quality of care. Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and lifelong learning.
· Boone Health has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
· Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
· Nursing Diploma/Associate Degree – Nursing
· 2-5 Years’ Experience
· RN License/Certification
· Bachelor’s Degree – Nursing
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
· Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) License/Certification
· Cert/License in Area of Expertise
We have roles all over the country, so even if this role isn't a fit I'm happy to help!
Healthcare Recruiter, K.A. Recruiting, Inc.[Register to View]