Place of Performance:
A-Team Solutions is (6) Critical Care RN’s for the VA Hospital in Birmingham, AL.
COVID rates will accept local or travel RNS .
Start will be upon approval and credentialing. Contract is full-time 6 months. Shift times will be 7p-7:30a (with rotating weekends).
Specifications: Critical Care Registered Nurse will be required to perform
the following tasks daily:
• Assess the physiological and psychosocial health status of the patient.
• Formulates and implements a nursing plan of care based on health data
provided by the patient.
• Plan of care that prescribes nursing actions to achieve patient goals and
coordinates and organizes nursing activities.
• Coordinates patient care needs with team members, including other
• Administer drugs and solutions as prescribed (competent with drug
administrations and titrations per ACLS protocol)
• Physiologically monitors the patient throughout their stay.
• Adheres to universal protocol.
• Performs nursing actions that demonstrates accountability.
• Participates in patient and family teaching.
• Provides Hand-off documentation.
• Skills and documentation in the Critical Care: able to perform assigned task
safely and correctly and document care in a timely and accurately manner.
• Collects lab specimens to include Blood Cultures per hospital policy.
• Inserts Foley catheters
• Inserts peripheral IV access adhering to aseptic technique.
• Performs 12 lead EKG
• Demonstrates safe and proper use of equipment to include the bladder
scanner, mechanical ventilators, IV infusion pumps; Accu-check, Zoll
defibrillator, crash cart and bedside, central monitor and Propac transport
• Maintains performance measures in the ER to include: EKG, Troponin,
Pneumonia Protocol and turn-around time.
• Provide care for medically/surgically unstable patients
· Shall be licensed in a state, territory, or commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia. The Contract Nurse (s) assigned by the Contractor to perform the services covered by this contract shall be graduates of a school of nursing accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). All licenses held by the personnel working on this contract shall be full and unrestricted licenses.
· Must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
· At least two years recent Critical Care Experience
A-Team Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer - We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract