The Emergency Staff RN assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care in the Emergency Department, utilizing the nursing process for a designated time frame. Provides care of these patients according to Marshall Medical Center’s (MMC’s) standard of practice. Maintains good public relations by interacting with patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff members in a friendly and professional manner. Functions as the patient’s advocate at all times. Oversees the performance of any non-professional whose activities impact their patient’s care. Ensures the safe handling of infectious material, and ensures patient and staff safety at all times.
- Current California Registered Nursing (RN) License required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required
- Will train for Mobile Intensive Care Nurse (MICN) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Courses (TNCC) preferred
- ER experience must..
- Has the physical and mental health sufficient to accomplish the duties of a RN
- Must have basic computer skills.