This job is archived
RN ICU (Neuro-Trauma/MSICU/CICU) - Asheville, North Carolina
Full-time Nights 7P-7A
$24 - $41p/h+ additional shift differential pay & comprehensive benefits package
We are seeking RN's to join our Neuro-trauma ICU team at our hospital in Asheville, NC. We are a 763-bed healthcare facility located in Asheville, North Carolina and have the only Level II Trauma Center in the region. Our Neuro-trauma ICU is a combined unit providing neuro-intensive care as well as surgical-trauma care. It serves a variety of patients often found on both trauma and neuro units. This could be a great blend for those looking to broaden their knowledge and careers as you will float between our MSICU/NTICU/CICU.
Provides leadership, which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Implements medically prescribed interventions.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position.
- Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Experience in Camino, slash bolts, craniotomies, brain drains, post neuro-surgery patients a big PLUS!
- 20 beds (currently 16 about to go to 20)
- Ratio is 1:2 and occasionally could be 3 depending on staffing needs
- Patient Population is trauma and neuro- not as much variety as our MSICU (ie. motorcycle accidents, MVA, ATV, tree errors, elderly falls, pelvic breaks etc- with this, a lot of patients can be older)
- 5 Neurosurgeons on staff
- Seasonal census: higher in summer and fall
- Patients are on life support, titrating drips, acuity much higher than trauma care
- Team-based nursing model
- 1 CNA 11a-11p 6 days a week so RN-driven care
- We do Multi-disciplinary rounding- nurse driven rounding of all clinical providers and care team at one time discussing patient and status-depends on provider availability-Mon-Fri
- Patient length of stay is 3-5 days, really just depends, can be weeks
- Patient Transfers most often go to TCU or Neuro.
- Must be able to handle very busy, fast paced unit
If you are an RN with ICU experience looking for an opportunity to be apart of an amazing team, a desire for continued professional growth, then please APPLY TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION for a position with us in Asheville, NC. Please send resume to [Register to View] for immediate consideration.