Trauma Nurse Coordinator - Location: Coos Bay, OR
We are a 129-bed, acute-care, JC accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast. Coos Bay offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.Job Description
Job Type: Direct
Salary Range: $90,000 - 120,000
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates clinical management across the continuum of trauma care
- Provides for intrafacility and regional professional staff development. Orients emergency department, nursing staff and ancillary staff to trauma services, team concepts, procedures, equipment and documentation requirements
- Develops trauma nursing policies/procedures in collaboration with the ED
- Develops and provides education for physicians, clinical caregivers and community
- Conducts trauma drills
- Participates in case review, implementation of practice guidelines and directs community trauma education and prevention programs
- Acts as a liaison between hospital trauma nursing program and outside agencies
- Monitors clinical processes, outcomes and system issues related to quality of care. Develops quality filters, audits and case reviews.
- Works closely with the trauma program Medical Director, Emergency Department Manager and trauma committee to meet/exceed trauma program accreditation requirements and quality/safety goals
- In conjunction with the ED manager, assesses ED nurse competency with trauma patients.
- Manages, as delegated, the operational, personnel, and financial aspects of trauma program
- Serves as liaison to administration and represents trauma program
- Demonstrates active involvement in trauma and ED quality and research projects.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in ER and Trauma nursing
- Supervises the collection, coding, scoring, and developing processes for validation of trauma registry data.
- Rounds on trauma patients
- Reports patient outcomes
- Active RN in state of OR
- AHA BLS
- AHA ACLS
- AHA PALS
- Bachelors degree in nursing or associates degree and 5 years relevant experience with commitment to attaining appropriate degree within negotiated period of time
- CEN and/or TCRN
- Minimum 3 years direct patient emergency nursing experience within past 10 years
- Recent experience in management of trauma program preferred