This job is archived
Routine work hours consist of rotating shift work, to include day and night shifts, weekends and holidays. When required to ensure completion of services that extend beyond the normal end of shift, staff shall remain on duty in excess of the scheduled shift when directed by government. The period of performance is expected to be temporary in nature approximately twenty-one days but could be longer or shorter depending upon the government’s needs.
The RN will provide medical care as needed within a hospital infrastructure, primarily due to a community need when additional providers are required. The RN will treat patients identified with a suspected or confirmed infectious disease. Treatment consists of patient care and the prevention of an epidemic that may create a public health emergency at any level (local to national). Primary care services may be provided in a shelter or other environment where access to usual care is compromised or unavailable to the population.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practices general hospital safety, infection control, aseptic and sterile techniques for safe handling of sharps, electrical equipment, and blood or blood products, to include cleaning of work areas and equipment.
- Participates in patient assessment, procedure set-up, teardown, and clean-up while incorporating safety, quality, and values aligned with trusted care and patient centered principles.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English.
- Possesses/maintains proper certification and skills to perform required duties within regulatory compliance and with minimal oversight.
- Completes applicable documentation to include manual and computer methods.
- Knowledges of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use to include knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patients’ condition including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care. Including knowledge of emergency medication usage and administration.
- Assumes full responsibility of healthcare for assigned patients and ancillary personnel. Delegates tasks, directs technicians, specialty technicians, and provides counseling, guidance, and patient education.
- Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates Cardio- Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) if required. Assists medical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
- Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
- Will be oriented/trained on the use of all equipment available for patient care.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ensures all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Ensures a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Mixes and administers prescribed medications orally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously, intravenously, topically, etc., and knows contraindications of which medications may alter the effects of another medication if administered concurrently prior to the administration of said medication.
- Will comply with the wear, use, and maintenance of all required personal protective equipment (to include, but not limited to respiratory protection) as required to perform normal duties, as identified by Bioenvironmental Engineering occupational health surveillance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 40 pounds. Frequently uses hands/fingers for handling and working with small objects. Seeing up close, must not be color blind and must be able to wear protective eye wear. It is Katmai Government Service, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed primarily indoors at a well-lit clinic, outpatient facility or hospital. The environment is normally air conditioned, but conditions may change dependent upon circumstances. Work may need to be performed in a fast-paced environment requiring quick thinking and rapid judgements. Employee will be exposed to a wide variety of clients in differing functions, personalities and abilities. Exposure to bloodborne pathogens and bodily fluids, latex, radiation or other contaminants and safety issues. May be exposed to infection or diseases from contact with patients. Work is highly social with patients and can be stressful with a high emotional element. Decisions made may substantially impact patients and their families.JOB REQUIREMENTS *
- RN shall hold a national or state nursing license that is valid and current with no limitations, stipulations or pending adverse actions. License must be unencumbered and remain in effect during contract employment.
- RN shall possess, maintain, and show proof of current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a clinical nurse, in the assigned specialty (ER, ICU, PCU, Med/Surge)
- RN shall be proficient in all forms of the English language, to include both written and verbal communications skills.
- RN shall present a professional, conservative, and neat appearance.
- RN shall report for duty in appropriate attire befitting a health care setting and having complied with socially acceptable standards of personal hygiene expected of health care workers.
- RN shall maintain a professional manner and display a positive, cooperative attitude while in the workplace
The work shall be performed at one location in the Kingman, Arizona metro area. Transportation, Housing, and meals will be covered.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, [Register to View]
are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. [Register to View] will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.