Director Emergency Department
Salary range: $110-125K
15K Sign-on bonus
Relocation assistance a possibility
Valley View Medical Center
5330 South Highway 95
Fort Mohave, AZ 86427
Located several miles due east of the exact spot in the Colorado River where the three states (AZ, CO, NV) come together!
3.5 hours from Phoenix & less than 2 hours from Las Vegas
- State-of-the-art 90 bed For Profit hospital; opened in 2005
- Big city 21st Century technology with the personal touch
- Tenured nursing staff with a family like environment
- Neighborhoods are built on man-made lakes, golf courses, and mesas
- Majestic mountain views
- Part of [Register to View] Hospitals, a leading hospital system with more than 60 hospital campuses across the U.S
Director Emergency Department
2yrs ER leadership
- The Emergency Director will provide administrative oversight and direction for the department at Valley View Medical Center.
- This director will provide accountability for planning, directing, leading and evaluating nursing care
- within the department. Consults with Chief Nursing Officer on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization. Oversees the daily workflow, staffing, orientation, training and development of employees within the department.
- Responsible for the ongoing quality/performance improvement processes related to the Emergency Department
- Facilitates ED staff meetings and participates in other committees, task forces as assigned.
- Promote and support a collaborative team approach in providing care for all ED patients
- Supports and interprets policies, procedures, philosophy and objectives of the hospital
- Monitors customer satisfaction scores and implements plans to improve patient satisfaction
- Monitor patient volumes, quality of care, and performance of staff to identify areas for improvement
- Responsible for investigating patient, physician and staff complaints and concerns and works to resolve them
- Complete annual performance evaluation for self and employees and implement plans of correction when needed
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster effective work relationships with team members
- Maintain required competencies for self and all employees within the department
Screening Questions: (Candidates will receive an email & need to answer after we submit)
1) What made you interested in applying for this particular position?
2) Can you tell me please, what is most important to you in a job?
3) Describe most recent accomplishments relevant to the position?
4) Describe your leadership style
- Input, advice and expertise while you discover what roles, destinations, and benefits you want.
- Tailoring of your resume for maximum impact on future employers.
- Assistance and backup during the often uncomfortable "marketing" phase of your search.
- Interview set-up, as well as interview coaching, with tips to help you towards win the position.
- Streamlined communication and feedback from sometimes difficult to reach hiring managers.
- Guidance and market input to improve your awareness prior to offer consideration.