This job is archived
Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Management job in Pensacola.
The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday days
- Full-time hours
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Paid holidays
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Management Job Overview:
- Assist in the design and implementation of activities to increase hospital staff involvement in and support of an active and coordinated Medical Management program. As a member of the Medical Management team, the HCW shall work in coordination with Case Management, Utilization Management, Referral Management and other members of the healthcare team in order to assure the seamless delivery of care. All services shall be provided in accordance with MTF policies and protocols.
- Provide the following disease management program components including but not limited to: at risk population identification, evidence-based medicine clinical practice guidelines, collaborative practice models to include physician and clinical support providers, patient self-management education (may include primary prevention, behavior modification programs, and compliance/surveillance), process and outcomes measurement, evaluation, and management, and routine reporting/feedback loop (may include communication with patient, physician, health plan and ancillary providers, and practice profiling). The HCW will work directly with patients suffering from chronic diseases or conditions such as diabetes, asthma, etc.
- identify high volume, high risk, and high cost patient groups through data analysis, and (b) identify population trends that may impact disease management decisions and priorities through population health data analysis, and (c) identify clinical areas of high practice variation for specific patient populations and evaluate best practices, and (d) collaboratively participate in the development of clinical pathways and clinical practice guidelines through consultation and collaboration with health care providers and the Office of Continuous Improvement, and (d) document and maintain the history of new pathway development and outcomes, and (e) facilitate the development of measures of effectiveness for specific populations, and (f) benchmark outcomes and standards of care against national and regional centers of excellence.
- Participate in the development of, and technically oversee, a disease management quality improvement program to review and identify opportunities to improve treatment provided, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
- Develop mechanisms to coordinate healthcare interventions and communications with individual patients.
- Work with the Medical Management team, health care teams such as Medical Home and Health, and other HCWs to emphasize prevention of disease exacerbations and complications utilizing evidence-based medicine, clinical practice guidelines and patient empowerment strategies.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Management Job Qualifications:
- RN Licensure: current unrestricted license. Any U.S. state.
- Demonstrated clinical competency within the past two years
- Graduate from an accredited program
- Two (2) years of full-time broad based registered nurse experience within the preceding five (5) years.
- One (1) of the following:
- Certified Asthma Educator (AE-C) awarded by the National Asthma Educators Certification Board.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) awarded by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Education.
- Computer competency: Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
- Valid driver's license and a personal vehicle for use. Not for patient transportation.
Position contingent on contract award with a Fall start date and award notice.
Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!