This job is archived
This is a office setting in the Orlando FL area , the offices hours are from 12:30pm to 9:00pm , Monday – Friday
The primary purpose of this position is to provide telephonic education to patients and caregiver following the Clinical Protocols and working within the nursing scope of practice and guidelines.
- Perform Clinical Assessment and provide disease and drug specific education to the patient and caregiver
- The Clinician is responsible for documenting the assessment and any clinical intervention according to the Clinical program and nursing scope of practice and guidelines
- Collect clinical data as determined by the Clinical Programs and nursing scope of practice and guidelines
- Report Adverse Drug Events that have been experienced by the patient in accordance with the FDA and Pharmaceutical requirements
- When clinically necessary, contact the patient’s treating physician to inform him/her of any previously unreported new disease state specific symptom(s), medication adherence issues and any other health related matters that were identified on the Clinical Assessment
- Conduct peer-to-peer quality documentation audits and provide feedback to management
- Assist the Clinical Department with new hire training and mentoring to ensure adherence to processes and procedures
- Assist the clinical leadership team with developing training documents and Care management coordination as required
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED required
Registered Nursing License required
College Degree preferred or 8-11 years of relevant experience required
2-5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree
5-8 Years of relevant experience with Associates’s Degree
Valid, unrestricted driver’s license in state of residence
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of Neurology /Multiple sclerosis, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, InfectiousDisease, Asthma, Oncology, or Pediatrics
- Good phone etiquette and previous telephonic clinician work experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to solve complex problems and improve quality and service
- Good interpersonal, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, detail orientation and the ability to adapt in a dynamic fast paced work environment
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through our range of health care products and services offered, Accredo team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiency. In addition to health care products, we provide comprehensive management services – including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. By performing in these very high-touch roles, employees have a daily opportunity to make a positive impact on their patients’ lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we’re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We’re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes – like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.