This job is archived
RN - Director of Health Services – Senior Living Community
Baton Rouge, LA
Why Should You Join Us at Magnolia Brook on Siegen?
If you are looking for a work-family on a mission to provide the best care to the seniors in our community – we are the right place for you! Magnolia Brook on Siegen is owned and operated by Bridge Senior Living - the premium brand in Senior Living with 26 communities across 19 states. We have been enriching the lives of seniors for more than 15 years, and we are looking for team members that share our values: Show Love, Serve with Purpose, and Exceed Expectations. Now more than ever, our seniors need the best care we can provide to fight the COVID-19 crisis!
As a Director of Health Services (DHS) you will lead the delivery of care in collaboration with physicians and care associates. You will lead the team responsible for the high level of care our residents are accustomed to while exhibiting a passion for serving seniors and contributing to the positive environment our residents are proud to call home. Success as a DHS means leading and cultivating a high performing team of healthcare professionals in both our Assisted Care and Memory Care departments.
Especially during this COVID-19 crisis, our mission to serve and protect our residents is in high demand. While many businesses are laying-off their workers – we are hiring! Our community is fully equipped with the materials needed to maintain a safe environment for our residents and team members (hand sanitizer, masks, gowns, gloves, goggles, and all CDC required and recommended personal protective equipment). If you would like to serve seniors while enjoying a safe work environment - we are the place for you!
Here is what we’ll expect from you:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with experience in Assisted Living and Memory Care facilities.
- Knowledge about the disease process, the changes associated with dementia illnesses, how they affect the residents’ ability to function, and the adaptive strategies that help maintain residents’ abilities.
- Establish and monitor goals and expectations for the Assisted Living and Memory Care departments.
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the programs, activities and schedules of the Assisted Living and Memory Care departments in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, guidelines and company practices.
- Build, engage and lead the team including selection, hiring, orientation, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Develop departmental budgets, re-forecasts and staffing plans.
- Assist in the administration of the Property/Risk Management Procedure Plans.
- Develop, implement and monitor the Quality Improvement, Safety, Infection, Disaster and Environmental Control Programs in concert with company and state standards and provide appropriate plans of action to correct any identified deficiencies.
- Participate in and oversee the admission and on-going Resident assessment and care planning process.
- Coordinate and/or conduct Resident care plan conferences with families/sponsors. Actively communicate and work with families, resident and team members to promote extraordinary experiences for all stakeholders.
- Maintain lines of communication with residents and families to assist in safe, respectful and appropriate transitions to other care settings, as necessary. Coordinate feedback and communication with resident/family and team members to ensure safety and appropriate level of care.
- Act as Resident liaison and advocate to the Executive Director.
- Act as Resident/Administrative advocate for development of and participation in Residents’ Council for both Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- Develop methods for coordination of the departments’ services with other departments and outside agencies and health professionals to ensure the continuity of the Residents' total regimen of care.
- Oversee compliance with established company and state mandated practices for documentation.
- Oversee surveys and inspections made by government agencies.
- Complete appropriate forms, reports, evaluations, and studies. Monitor and maintain documentation compliance in all areas to include medication system, MAR’s, incidents, Resident clinical information, QA, safety and required reports.
- Develop job related knowledge, skills and abilities by participating in continuing educational opportunities for personal growth and development.
Here is what you’ll get in return:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, education reimbursement, HSA (applicable for full time associates)
- Multiple bonus opportunities
- Continued education and training to advance your career
- The friendliest leaders and teammates to help you along the way
Bridge Senior Living is an equal opportunity employer. We are united by our pillars to Show Love, Exceed Expectations and Serve with Purpose. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all associates.
Learn more about us:[Register to View]
Apply Directly: [Register to View]