ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Large award-winning health system located in Southern California that prides themselves in both patient AND employee care. This hospital system makes certain that front line staff have just as much of a voice as leadership and will go above and beyond to provide continued support, growth and development of their most valued asset. Their Mission Statement is centered around their employees, as this health system truly understand that great patient care comes from great and happy employees. This health system has been named one of the top 150 hospitals to work for IN THE NATION due to their emphasis on cultivating a supporting and safe environment for their staff. If you want to work for an organization that listens to you, sees your value, and is committed to helping you achieve your goals, then look no further.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist is responsible for providing clinical leadership and expertise on the delivery of care within the ambulatory and inpatient oncology units. The CNS will wear many hats including leader, patient advocate, educator, change agent and researcher.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Monitor the ongoing care of patients within the Ambulatory Infusion and Inpatient Oncology Units.
• Provide clinical leadership and up-to-date information regarding the best delivery of care to the patients.
• Educate staff on best practices
• Collaborate with leadership and front-line staff on process improvement initiatives that improve patient care and patient outcomes.
• Analyze outcome data and review/change existing policies and procedures to improve patient quality of life.
• Participate in hospital wide education initiatives
• Collaborate with other centers and units within the health system to help streamline best practices across all campuses.
• 5+ years of direct clinical experience within Oncology.
• Previous CNS or Educator experience, preferably within Oncology
• Master of Science in Nursing Degree, Clinical Nurse Specialist track
• Current CNS and RN license, or willing to obtain, within the state of California.
• Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) OR Advanced Oncology Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist (AOCNS) credential is required. If you do not have either credential, must be willing to obtain with 1 year of hire.
BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL PERKS
• Relocation Assistance
• All hospitals within this health system have received Magnet Designation
• Excellent benefits, to include comprehensive medical, dental and vision that begin 30 days after start.
• Excellent PTO plan that includes sick, personal, holidays, and vacation
• Employer matching of 100% of the first 5% of pay.
• Terrific school districts
• Campus gym for employees
• Fitness classes
• Massage days
• Cooking classes
• Financial wellness workshops
• Onsite health coach
• College savings plan for your dependents
• Awards and Recognitions
• Tuition Reimbursement and CME Reimbursements
• Voted one of THE TOP 150 HOSPITALS TO WORK FOR IN THE NATION
ABOUT THE AREA:
Located in Sunny Southern California, there is always something to do. Located just miles from some of the Pacific Coast’s most beautiful beaches and most exciting amusement parks, you will never run out of things to do. If you need a quick getaway, you are centrally located between 4 major airports. This location is also home to one of the largest high-end malls in America and one of the largest outlet malls in America as well. In addition to the beautiful scenery, top notch dining and awesome family fun, this area also offers over 20 hiking trails, 70+ museums, excellent school districts, and nearly 300 days of sunshine per year.