Essen is currently seeking Full-time and/or Part-time Registered Nurses for our Ambulatory Surgical Center. This is a daytime RN opportunity, no evenings available.
- We Offer Competitive Salary
- Malpractice, Health Insurance, Dental, Optical, life insurance
- Generous PTO
- Paid Medical Malpractice
- Scrubs provided
Essen’s Surgical Center currently operates Monday-Friday 7:30am-5PM (or after depending on the OR day), we are looking for candidates who are open to overtime for full time and at least 2 days a week for part-time.
This Surgical Center specializes in Podiatry, Gynecology, Gastroenterology and much more.
Your responsibilities would include, but not limited to the following:
Responsible for daily patient care in all surgical related areas, such as intake, operating room, and recovery room. *This position is crossed trained in all areas of the Surgical Services – Intake/Operating Room/Recovery Room/Discharge Area – including the Surgical Desk.
- Ensures all surgical procedures are performed within PBGS Policies and Procedures, Federal, NYS-DOH and Accreditation agency regulations.
- Works closely with the Nurse Manager and all other clinical staff, including physicians, nurses, medical assistants, etc.…to ensure that PBGS functions in a coordinated, organized manner and consistently provides quality care and services.
- Responsible for patients care in the Pre-op, Operating, and Recovery Rooms to ensure effective and efficient delivery of care.
- Assess and monitor condition of pre-operative and post-operative patient.
- Administer medication and intra-venous therapy as prescribed by physician.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager on the oversight and management of the operations of the surgical floor.
- Oversees services delivered by Medical Assistants and Surgical Technicians.
- Maintain accuracy of Medical Record charting and documentation of all cares rendered to the patient in the intake, recovery room and ambulatory areas.
- Provide contraceptives and sexual health counseling.
- Provide post-operative discharge instructions.
- Provide for the physical safety and wellbeing of the patients.
- Attend mandatory in-service and staff meetings.
- Ensures that strict adherence to Infection Control Policies is followed and monitors practice of Infection Control Protocol.
- Ensures that Environment of Care practices and protocols are adhered to on the surgical floor.
- Communicates to the Charge Nurse any adverse incidence, complications, surgical and medication incidents, hospital transfers, etc… and plays an active role in patient safety within PBGS.
- Scheduled to take hotline calls on a rotational basis.
- Involved in orientation and training of newly hired nurses and medical assistants in collaboration with the Charge Nurse and Administrative Director of Nursing.
- Expected to maintain a collaborative and professional working relationship all clinical and non-clinical personnel in the development of the surgical services program’s development at PBGS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Prior experience in Peri-operative Nursing, preferred
- Current BLS/CPR and ACLS certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for professional role
- Fully Vaccinated as per current NYC vaccine mandate