This job is archived
Contract position with a Spring 2019 start date. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents highly encourage to contact us. Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics job in Minot, North Dakota.
The Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families and provide a full range of medical services.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals.
- Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Primary function is to perform Telephone Triage to Pediatric Clinic.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Performs comprehensive health assessments of children from birth through eighteen years of age. Comprehensive health assessment includes obtaining a complete and accurate health history from the patient and/or parent/legal guardian; performing a complete and accurate physical examination; and administering selected measures of physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development in accordance with the standardized guidelines for specific measurement tool
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Identifies and appropriately uses available resources in meeting the health care and health education needs of patients and families, including but not limited to consultation with the pediatrician, other physicians, and allied health professionals.
- Administer medications, wound care, venipuncture, bladder catheterization and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Encourages team building and enhances work knowledge by cross training/augmenting other units as appropriate.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatrics Job Qualifications:
- BSN or ADN
- Graduate from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited college or university
- RN Licensure
- 1 year experience as a pediatric RN within the past two years
- TRICARE working knowledge, highly preferred
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.