This job is archived
Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Health Optimization Program job in San Antonio, Texas.
The job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Holidays off
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Proactively identifies and evaluates patients and targeted populations for mental health case management, care coordination and facilitation, and conditions monitoring from a variety of sources such as Behavioral Health or primary care provider referrals, discharge planning, Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) process, facility staff and patient self-referral
- Conducts systematic, on-going, thorough assessment of patient's emotional, psychological, social and medical status, prescribed medications, behavioral health referrals/treatments, and other pertinent information via direct patient or telephonic contact, or other relevant sources such as professional and non-professional caregivers and the medical records.
- Develops, executes and provides ongoing monitoring of appropriate patient-specific plan of care including short and long term goals, objectives and actions. Coordinates and collaborates on the care plan along with the patient, family/caregiver, and healthcare team.
- Identifies, develops and executes appropriate targeted population-based mental health disease management activities such as, but not limited to individual and/or group patient contacts and training programs.
- Serves as an advocate for and ensures appropriate education is provided to the patient or targeted populations for the purpose of promoting adherence to treatment plans, self-care actions, and education programs. Ensures activities match the level of the patient's clinical risk, readiness to change and health literacy.
- Identifies, collects, monitors, interprets and evaluates measureable outcome data within established time frames.
- Educates/trains the healthcare team and facility staff on policies and procedures for utilization and implementation of guidelines, protocols and other behavioral health and mental health disease management activities.
- Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination meetings. Shares knowledge and experiences gained from own clinical nursing practice and education relevant to mental health nursing and case management.
- Has a thorough understanding of psychopharmacology and psychotropic medications, and monitors patient response to medications.
- Practice independently and collaboratively with other members of the health care team to ensure a comprehensive plan of care for the patient. T
- echnically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Perform developmental assessments and screenings; conducting diagnostic and screening tests; initiating and evaluating treatment regimens that may include prescribing and dispensing medication appropriate to the privileged scope of care.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Recognize conditions that require isolation and ensure universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from a nursing program accredited by a regional or national nursing accrediting agency recognized by ACEN or CCNE.
- Certified: Psychiatric Nurse
- Two years recent experience as a RN in comparable setting
- RN Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
- Computer competency (Microsoft applications, Outlook, operations, and medical records)
Position contingent on contract award with a late Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!