RN Telephone Triage (Nurse Helpline, Nurse Advice Line) Per Diem *REMOTE*
Amalgamated Medical Care Management, Inc.
**Requires a compact state RN license**
Responsible for phone triage of symptom-based calls from patients. The Nurse assesses the patient’s needs, clinical symptoms, follows symptom-based protocols and gives appropriate clinical advice per nationally-recognized guidelines. The nurse also provides telephone education and counseling to callers regarding a variety of health-related topics. When appropriate, the nurse provides referral to providers, healthcare facilities, and community resources.
Amalgamated Medical Care Management, Inc. (AMCM) is a nationally recognized nurse helpline with clients nationwide. Offering an excellent benefit package, a team-based model and room for professional growth, AMCM is recognized as a top-class place to work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly answers telephone inquiries regarding caller needs through listening and asking open-ended questions.
- Conducts sound nursing assessments and offers alternatives following established nationally-recognized clinical guidelines.
- Thorough, concise documentation of all calls with adherence to confidentiality agreements and policy and procedure.
- Reports unusual calls or variances to established policies and procedures to Manager or Supervisors.
- Maintains current knowledge base regarding practice issues and actively seeks opportunities to enhance same.
- Participates in CQI, P&P, and staffing processes.
- Promotes sense of pride in center and positive interpersonal relations among all team members.
- Independently seeks out guidance/assistance as needed.
- Displays competency in assessing the health needs of populations across the continuum of life (newborn to 100+ years of age).
- Attends staff meetings, required training, and continued education opportunities specific to call center.
- Completes bi-annual competencies and self-performance evaluation with outlined goals and objectives.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: network referral, order intake, and assistance with Call Center Representative calls as appropriate to maintain service levels.
Education and/or Experience:
- Concurrent RN licensure in state of residence required.
- College degree or nursing diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years in a call-center or hospital-based telephone triage center using nationally recognized guidelines required.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in acute or ambulatory care required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Certification in nursing specialty desired but not required.
- Willing to attain licensure in all states after employment required.
Knowledge and skills:
- Superior nursing process skills.
- Excellent clinical acumen.
- Understanding of, and ability to meet, quality, performance and productivity measures.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Health education counseling skills.
- Knowledge of basic community services.
- Understanding and use of clinical systems, including triage software and EHRs.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality.
- Organized, able to set priorities.
- Works effectively with minimum supervision.
- Works well as a team member.
- Ability to learn various software programs necessary to complete duties.
- Ability to work with multiple computer monitors.
- HIPAA-compliant office (or home office) with high-speed, dependable and consistent internet.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service