This job is archived
Experience the Matrix Providers Advantage.
Matrix Providers is hiring an Ophthalmology Clinical Refractive Technician to join our team of talented professionals who provide health care services to our Military Service Members and their families at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD.
We strive to provide a framework of stability and structure for our valued Ophthalmology Techs at Walter Reed, where you will experience lower provider-to-patient ratios and fair, reliable schedules.
- Setting: Clinical
- Compensation: $23.99 - $35/Hour
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 7AM to 3:30 PM
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Ophthalmology Clinical Refractive Technician Requirements:
- Degree: Certificate
- Education: Complete an ophthalmology technician or an optometric technician course
- Certifications: JCAHPO Certification and BLS Certification
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Certified Ophthalmic Technician, including: 2-3 years Military Refractive Surgical Center Management Experience and Laser center design. The Lead must also possess certification and three years' experience with the following three Laser Platforms: • VISX Star S4, Allegretto Wave light/ Wave Eye, and Intralase Femtosecond Laser Platfonns
- Board Certification: Possess and maintain current certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT)or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology or a completed a formal ophthalmic training program of the United Stated Armed Forces.
- Licensure/Registration: Laser maintenance and environmental control, Laser Supply and Equipment management, Database analysis, Warfighter Prioritization, and Personnel management
- Measures and records distance and near vision; performs color testing and pinhole vision
- Basic visual acuity tests, basic ocular motility test, Contrast Sensitivity testing, lensometry, Auto- refraction, Keratometry, Tonometry, Pupillometry, Corneal Pachymetry, and glare testing.
- Assess corneal topography.
- Performs visual field testing (Automated and Manual).
- Assists during refractive surgery and ocular surgeries perfom1ed in laser room.
- Applies and removes therapeutic lenses; teaches contact lens care
- Basic knowledge of DICOM communication
- Experience in using OCT, visual fields, and other applicable ophthah11ic device modality to co1m1mnicate via DICOM standards.
- Utilizes Modality Work Lists (MWL) to document examinations; reconciles MWL with existing patient databases to minimize medical en-ors and duplications.
- Assists providers in documenting in the medical record according to the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Applies and removes therapeutic lenses.
- Direct flow of patients: obtain medical and personal data for patients for conditions excluding ocular examination; arrange for laboratory and other tests, ophthalmic photography, outpatient studies and patient admissions and surgery as requested by the physician. Alleviate patient/family concerns by explaining diagnostic procedures and referring specific questions to the doctor.
- Screens walk-in patients, emergency patients and telephone calls from patients and referring physicians to detem1ine appropriate physician and priority of appointments.
- Perform inspection and preparation of instruments, materials, and equipment to ensure that they are clean and in proper working condition. Sterilize and set up instruments for surgical procedures; assist with minor office surgery, laser treatments and operating room surgery as required. Perform inventory of assigned examination rooms to ensure adequate supplies are in stock. TI1is shall be coordinated with the supply officer of the CRS (Central Sterile Resupply) Program to ensure all supply requests are met.
- Adhere to infection control guidelines and practice universal precautions. Be responsible for the safe and effective operation of equipment used in patient care and contributing to a safe working environment. This shall include safe practices of emergency procedures. Proper handling of hazardous materials and maintenance of physical security.
- Skillful operation of Corneal Topographer and Skillful operation of Marco Auto-refraction workstation
- Knowledge of AHLTA/CHCS/MHS GENESIS
We support our employees with an accessible dedicated representative to assist you throughout the duration of your contract. We firmly believe that a healthy work/life balance enables you to perform at your best. Our mission is to serve America’s military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers like you with rewarding career opportunities.
Come home to Matrix.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see [Register to View] To learn more about our Benefits Packages, please see [Register to View]
Matrix Providers endeavors to make [Register to View] accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-[Register to View] , TTY LINE, [Register to View] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.