MedCare Staffing is seeking an experienced Peds CICU RN for a position in Las Vegas, NV. This hospital consists of 762 beds, and provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. They provide sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. It is also an excellent facility to work at as it has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
The Pediatric Cardiac ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current or pending license in Nevada as a Registered Nurse.
- Current Certifications Required: BCLS,PALS and ACLS
- TNCC(within 1 year of hire)
- Passing score on Critical Care Test/ Rhythm interpretation examination.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing – BSN preferred - ASN grads will need to be enrolled in a BSN program
- 1+ years of current acute care hospital critical care experience
- Current Pediatric Cardiac ICU Nursing experience preferred
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to the age/type of patient population served.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the developmental stage of the patient.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds and exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents.