Registered Nurse Needed for Operating Room
SHIFT: Full time Nights (rotating weekends)
Hospital is 316 Beds located in the Austin, TX area.
Under the indirect supervision of the Supervisor(s) of the unit, the Circulator RN is expected to implement the nursing process (including use of nursing diagnosis), document nursing activities and intervention plan, as well as medication administered. The RN provides leadership and supervises the care, maintenance and activities of the surgical suite.
Education / Experience
- Required: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. Minimum one year of experience in operating room environment as a circulator.
- Preferred: Completion of or actively pursuing a BSN degree. Some experience in PACU.
License & Certifications
- Required: Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. Current certification as BLS Healthcare Provider
- Preferred: CNOR
- Compact license must transfer to Texas license within 90 days of hire
- Hospital Surgery department is equipped with 9 operating suites and 1 Cystoscopy suite. We perform procedures such as neuro, orthopedic and cardiac.
- Our surgical volume ranges between 5,000 and 6,000 procedures yearly, including over 250 open-heart surgeries annually.
- To accommodate our growing cardiac volumes, we added 2 state-of-the-art cardiac OR suites, conveniently located near our Cardiovascular Recovery unit. Due to the importance of orienting and educating the OR department, we have a full-time educator on board to help meet the needs of our new and current staff.
- Must live within 30 min of facility (on Call)
- Must have recent acute care setting 2-3 yrs.)
Competitive salary, sign on bonus and relocation reimbursement.
Recruiting Specialist | MedCare Staffing, Inc.
“Do you know of a friend or colleague that might be interested?”
We love referrals! Ask about our referral program!